Mark Your Calendars for Alumaflamingo 2014!!!
Airstream Life presents a celebration of epic proportions for Airstream owners, would-be owners, and diehard Airstream fans. Alumaflamingo is set to replace the Florida State Rally, which was the second largest Airstream event in the world. After the WBCCI voted to disband it in 2013, R&B Events decided to fill the gap and put on Alumaflamingo in the same location. It is not a WBCCI official event, but Alumaflamingo combines the best parts of a rally with enlightening seminars, festival-like entertainment, and campground companionship.
Bring the kids or grandkids along to stay with you in your trailer; it sounds as if it is going to be a fun-filled event for the whole family. Alumaflamingo is working up to be the must-attend event for Airstream or RV lovers in 2014. Official event t-shirts will be available when you register or available onsite when you arrive; it is probably best to order these upon registration to make sure you are able to get the right sizes.
The Alumaflamingo celebration will include the following:
• Local Excursions and Guided Tours
• Happy hour
• Food and other vendors
• Live entertainment nightly
• Daily seminars
• Airstream Parts store
• Catered meals (vegetarian alternatives available)
• Swap Meet
• New airstreams to tour or buy
• Daily Door prize drawings
• A Bluegrass jam session
• Surprises to be announced
You may camp at this event with any type of RV; it is not required that it be an Airstream. If you only want to visit for a day or the campground is full, camping is not required for participation; you can join the fun events for a fee. Your friends are welcome to visit you, tour the grounds, or shop vendors, but anyone who wants to be included in events, watch entertainment, or eat meals onsite must pay.
Fees for Registration:
Adults – $70. Kids under 15 are free with a paid adult and campsite.
Campsite – $195
30-amp power upgrade – $100
Walk-in fee – $80 per adult for the entire event; available onsite. No day passes available.
Campers get the following with their registration fee:
• Five nights of camping
• A 5 amp electric good for charging your battery or running 12 volt lights or appliances. (Refrigerators should be run on propane setting with the 5 amp electric.) Alternatively, you can choose the optional 30 amp upgrade that will run your air conditioner.
• Water connection (requires a 50 foot fresh water hose and a Y-connector)
• Dump station
• A bag full of discounts and information
• All the fun, education, and camaraderie you can stand!
Alumaflamingo sounds as if it will be the Airstream event of the year. Get your registrations in now, before the campgrounds fill up.
Alumaflamingo February 18 – 23, 2014
Sarasota County Fairgrounds
3000 Ringling Blvd
Sarasota, FL 34237